- This event has passed.
Webinar: Equestrian Trail Design and Best Practices
April 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
From Backcountry to Urban Edge Settings
Best practices for trail design planning, construction, and management in undeveloped natural areas and connecting to urban edge settings.
Thursday, April 16, 2020
10:00am Pacific/ 1:00pm Eastern
This webinar is a continuation of the webinar from August 2019 titled Equestrian Trail Design for Urban Shared Use Trails.
In partnership with American Trails, this webinar will review best practices for trail design planning, construction, and management in undeveloped natural areas and connecting to urban edge settings. Presenters will discuss trailhead development, urban to wildland transition design, and equestrian trail features to provide best sustainability and lowest impact.
- Improvement/re-alignment tips and techniques for degraded trails to help provide maximum durability and optimum sustainability.
- Backcountry trail design and key points to consider for deciding optimum placement.
- Key points for designing wildland to urban edge trail transitions for user/community friendly access and reduction of ‘social’ non-authorized trails and access points.
- Matthew Woodson, President and Founder, Okanogan Trail Construction
- Justin Azevedo, Director of Landscape Architecture & Planning, Coffman Studio
- Holley Groshek, Executive Director, Equine Land Conservation Resource
- Randy Rasmussen, Director of Public Lands and Recreation, Back Country Horsemen of America
Special thanks to Rhino Marking & Protection Systems for sponsoring this webinar.